Twisted Minis Truck and Car Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twisted Minis Truck and Car Club

Truck and Car Club. This is a fun based club we do not go on how many members we have, how long it takes to get our trucks or cars done, no club dues. We go to as many shows as we can wether its as a club or just a certain chapter.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

instaling mirrors

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hoody

hoody

instaling mirrors Empty
PostSubject: instaling mirrors   instaling mirrors I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:35 pm

im going to put billet motor cycle mirrors on my truck instead of facto mirrors. as it sits now it has no side mirrors at all. now the mirrors are threaded at the ends so i know i can drill a hole and insert and just lock washed and nut it on..but ive never done this before any advice for drilling the hole?? without fuckin my paint all up??? my thought was just to tape the area really well and let the bit do the work and not push on the drill. i know shitty game plan but it was a brain storm.or rather a brain fart im not sure yet...lol
Back to top Go down
l0wdim3

instaling mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: instaling mirrors   instaling mirrors I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:01 pm

ya tape it up and make sure the bit is sharp. also obviously try to go as straight as possible. be careful on removing the tape and remove it going towards the new hole so paint chips dont come off if there is any.
Back to top Go down
hoody

hoody

instaling mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: instaling mirrors   instaling mirrors I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:08 pm

yeah the bit is brandnew
Back to top Go down
hoody

hoody

instaling mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: instaling mirrors   instaling mirrors I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:55 pm

heres the mirrors im putting on

instaling mirrors ZWuI
Back to top Go down
Bagged88

Bagged88

instaling mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: instaling mirrors   instaling mirrors I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 10:58 pm

nice I can't wait to see them on the dime bounce
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=1000007937799
hoody

hoody

instaling mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: instaling mirrors   instaling mirrors I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 9:17 am

yeah its just to make it legal right now i have no side mirrors at all, and with suicide doors i didnt want to install factory mirrors which i think the 95's only came with a passenger side mirror anyways
Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

s10chickon22s

instaling mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: instaling mirrors   instaling mirrors I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:30 am

They are going to look so good on your truck make sure to post some pics up of it Cool
Back to top Go down
SDimeLowRider

SDimeLowRider

instaling mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: instaling mirrors   instaling mirrors I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 9:56 pm

affraid im not sure what the inside of your panel where your mirrors ( factory ) were installed, if its a clean shave or if they just welded a plate over the support panel, do you know if the factory bolt holes with the support plate is still inside the jam?

and your correct with the tape procedure,

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Gulli518
Sponsored content

instaling mirrors Empty
PostSubject: Re: instaling mirrors   instaling mirrors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

instaling mirrors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twisted Minis Truck and Car Club :: Newbies :: Members/Prospects :: General :: Tech Section-
Jump to: