Twisted Minis Truck and Car Club

Truck and Car Club. This is a fun based club we do not go on how many members we have, how long it takes to get our trucks or cars done, no club dues. We go to as many shows as we can wether its as a club or just a certain chapter.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Project "OVERKILL"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Project "OVERKILL"   Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:15 am

I'm working on bagging my 2000 S10 extended cab. This truck has 10,900 original miles on it. I bought it brand new back in 2000. I'm completing as much as the work on this project I possibly can myself. And with help from friends on the bagging. First time at attempting a bag job.
I have the truck tore down now and on jack stands. The entire rear suspension is out. Also the front suspension is out too, and the front of the frame has been cut out for the bags. I am also working on the interior. painting and detailing the engine, and the frame. The end result will be a completely painted interior, fiberglass shaved dash, bagged and laying frame front and rear on 20s and 22s. The frame is in primer now and I'm still scraping the stock wax/tar coating off it getting it ready for primer and paint. It will be painted red and white. All the parts on the engine that could be pulled off or painted have also been painted in red and white. I am still waiting on parts for the bag setup, hoping to make the debut with the truck at "The Big Show" Rockingham Dragstrip NC, June 4th-6th, not looking to good right now thou have to get SD to get me my 5 link this week.
I am bagging the rear with the Suicide Doors bolt on 5 link, and the front with Airbagit's tubular control arm kit, with spring pocket eliminators. I will be running 2600 bags on all four corners. I will be using the Airengine V8 valves with 1/2" lines, two Viair 380c compressors and a 5 gallon stainless tank, and a 10 switch control box. Also will be changing out the carrier bearing crossmeber to one that will lay out.
I would like to eventually lay this truck out on 24s on all 4 corners, and do a different paint scheme
Hope everyone likes what I'm doing with the truck. Below are all the pics I currently have taken from the beginning to now.

What I started with 5" front drop with coils and spindles, and 6" rear drop with leafs and blocks Belltech kit

The frame work

The start

The frame coating

Me scraping that aggravating coating off.

Took me 6 hours to get this much done with getting the coating off.

It's in primer now wasted my time doing the shock mount piece LOL!!!

Ready for primer

Got the exhaust system unbolted from the cat and pulled out.

Moved the evaporative emissions control module to the back bottom wall of the cab using the stock bracket.

My 2 year old daughter helping!!!!

I got the gastank out and the leafs out.

Rusty rear end yuck!!!

I got the rear end primered in white bout to be out too.

I got the front ready for primer still have to get the coating off the top and bottom thou.

The gastank I painted white

My poor baby!!! Sad

The Interior

The start.

Have it gutted now.

Have the new white carpet in.

The extended cab panels I sanded smooth and painted

The back wall bottom carpet piece I recovered

The back wall top plastic piece I sanded smooth and painted

The back wall back together

The headliner I recovered in white fleece, and did the sun visors in red also added red bowtie in the middle

The door panel I redid the upholstery on, and also sanded smooth and painted.

The rear jumper seat I recovered

The stock floormats I recovered and added bowties to match the headliner

Just to get an idea of what it will look like back together.

The dash on its way out for me to fiberglass

Out in about 2 hours. Whole inside of it is gutted now. All the vents for A/C and heat plus the heater coil is out too. Lots of room if needed to relocate stuff Smile

The dash as I have begun work on fiberglassing it. Going to shave the grabhandle and all the vents.

The bottom steering wheel cover I sanded smooth and painted

The seats I'm having to paint due to not being able to get a shop to reupholster them in time for The Big Show. The end result doesnt look bad to be painted. This is only temporary for now. Will be recovered the same way in red and white leather.

The passenger side seat complete and finished. I glued white fleece to the middle and trimmed it in some twisted rope.

Close up of the trim
The Engine

The start what a cluttered mess

Got the A/C and heat out along with the front fenders lots of room to tuck those 20s now!!!

Relocated the ABS to where the A/C compressor was.

I had to handpaint the waterpump because it was too aggravating to mask off to spray it. Took me 4 hours to do and 4 coats of paint

My new valvecovers I painted and handpainted the letters on.

Pulleys I was able to pull off and paint.

Fuse relay center cover I painted

After I handpainted the letters on it

The powersteering pump pulley I painted

The valvecover on

Hope I remember where all these wires went!!! Rolling Eyes

The alternator I painted. I also handpainted the letters on it for detail.

The belt tensioner I painted

Alternator back on

Tensioner back on

Pulley back on

The fan shroud I painted and handpainted the letters on.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:53 am

Update for everyone. Have the frame cut out now for the spring pocket eliminators. Test fitted them but haven't welded them in yet. Still have to do some more trimming on the frame to get the bags lined up right.

My front bags 2600 DeNominator IIs 12" of lift out of these Smile

I love my bags!!!

Passenger side of frame. Got my control arms all dirty have to repaint them when done with the front.

Same pic as above. I just edited it with paint to show where the frame still has to be cut to lay out with the steering linkage.

Drivers side, still have alot of work on this side lol!!!

Test fit to see how it looks. Still have a little more trimming to do on it to make it right.

Up date on progress made so far. The truck is just mocked up on the suspension right now trying to avoid a $100.00 fine from the HOA, its not done yet. Still have alot of more work to get this truck laid out like I want it.

Just test fitting parts nothing is bolted up yet.

My friend David who comes to help with this project

Neil grinding on the bottom rivets on the bracket to the gastank crossmember. I grinded the drivers side off Smile

What do we do now? scratch

The NOPI stickers are gone all thats left

Front control arms and spindles on

I know it looks like s*** lol got to get those rotors painted

Got the gastank crossmember on and primered, along with the wishbone

Got the rear crossmember on, and the rearend bolted to the wishbone

Getting it off the jackstands for the first time just to be pu into the garage this Saturday and back on them lol

Ouch!!! Its ok it didn't hurt it Smile

Its stuck on the jack in the front. Oh well have to jack it back up anyways to put wood in between the lower arm and the frame

See the jack lol

Im so tired of seeing gray primer, ready to see some red paint on that frame!!!

If the jack wasn't stuck under the front those tires would be on the fenders. Alot of cutting to do up front

Well back on wheels at least but far from finished. Cant wait to see it laid out

Gray primered frame again

First time this truck has ever tucked the 20s in the front Smile

Ill keep everyone updated. Once I get he other 2 trucks out of the garage this weekend and move this one in it'll be balls to the walls again.
Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Finally got that ugly shock bracket cut out, and the truck is back on jack stands again.

Working in flip flops and a tank top lol!!!

Hum this doest look good, front is down on the tires. scratch

Measuring for the notches

Just tack welding the notch on

Start of the welding

Look at that weld

My friend David's doing the welding

Notching the inside of the frame for the notch to line up properly

Sawzalling the piece of frame out of the notch

Got my notches in Smile

Look at how level that is with the truck down

Got the jackstands out, and still has 2x4s under the front to get a jack under it. The frames almost on the concrete. Razz

There it is all down off the stands. Have about a 1/2" left in the notch lol. I was so happy when I saw this!!!

Thats all the clearance I have from the frame to the back of the tire lol!!! I cant even get my finger in between the tire and frame.

Fitting the bags on.

Got the bags set up right on the bars.

Had to put wood under the frame in the back, dont have the plumbing hooked up yet, so have to do this to be able to jack the truck back up again.

Hum Id say its tucking that 20 in the front alot more than before lol!!!

See all the cutting that has to be done?

Best shot I could get with all the truck parts in the garage on this side lol
Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Got the wheels cleaned up, front and back

The new hole had to cut out in the dash where the grab handle was, it was done but this side didn't look right

Thanks for the idea Matt of using Great Stuff foam to fill in that hole worked great

The dents Sad

Sanded all the paint off

This was the first repair attempt done incorrectly looks like above pic again

I didnt leave much bondo behind

The passenger side door handle I painted white

Still have to wet sand and buff it to get the orange peel out

My trailer fenders for the bed and firewall

Got one of them cut in half for the firewall

Neil using a cutting wheel to cut out the firewall

Still have to get all the junk out of the interior so he can finish cutting that out

New location of the fuse access, and the computer, its not bolted up yet thou

The wire that Im having to extend to reach the back wall into the cab to plug into the fuse access, I want the engine compartment clean as possible

All thats left to do is get the firewall tubbed, the interior back together, frame painted, then get the air-suspension finished

Here are some updates, the seats are done going to pick them up today. Ended up costing me $685.00 to get them recovered plus material costs which was about $80.00, will have some pics up of the seats once I go to pick them up!!!

Got the firewall cut out and the fenders too, yeap its hacked up for now, but not for long thou

Some of the sheet metal from the firewall and fender

The drivers side wall cut out, this side was a PITA for sure. GM engineers should be forced to work on what they design, it would change the way they design vehicles!!!

Finally got those 20s tucking good!!!

Lots of room for future use 22s or 24s lol!!!

Still have to cut down that cross member that the cat is on, a lil bit is hanging down below the frame on that, then it will lay out properly

Look at those 22s Very Happy

SEXY Smile

My wiring nightmare, thanks Josh for extending the wires!!!

The inside of my bed perfect, but not for long Sad

Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:19 pm

The seats, they turned out really good thou they were expensive to get recovered

The seats in the truck

Got the gastank bolted up

The engine, Josh got the wires finished and wrapped up, then the fan and fan shroud on, so engine is almost done now, also removed the ABS all together looks cleaner without it

You can see the fan in this pic

The bed alot had to be cutout including more today because of how far the rearend stuck thru

Got the truck aired up using slatter valves or whatever they are and out of the garage to put the bed on it

The back up, got pretty good lift out of it

This is the amount of lift on the back

Test fitting the bed on it still have to cut out more

Bed sheetmetal that was cut out of the sides

Tucking those 22s good now Smile

Alot of the rearend is thru the bed lol

This is what it looks like now, got the drivers side body work finished and primered in white

All thats left to do today is adjust the front bars some more, get the shocks on, get the air ride wired and working will update pics again soon
Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:25 pm

I did take the time to do some editing with microsoft paint and did a couple of pics, itll give you guys an idea of what im working towards in the next year or two. Bodied on 22s with a 454 in it, hence the name "Overkill"

This is how I want to get the back end done all shaved, shave 3rd brake light, suicide doors, shaved door handles, body dropped on 22s, and my new paintjob design as seen in the newbies section.

This is the Lil Shop Of Horrors S10 I photoshopped with the end design of my truck and what I hope to do with it. Want to body it out on 22s and run this paintjob

This is how the rear frame will be painted, all the nuts and bolts on the frame will be handpainted as well.

Back to top Go down
hoody

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:42 pm

that is one bad ass dime, you put a lot of work into that. the interior is just priceless. congrats on the sick ass dime Cool
Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:20 am

Thanks appreciate that but yours is way better than mine is right now. Love that truck
Back to top Go down
hoody

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:02 pm

mine will look good after a nice paint and some interior changes
Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Tue May 17, 2011 12:41 pm

Ok time to update you guys on the progress. Its still moving along slow of course, but detail takes time. Hope to have the air ride on it working soon.

Got the rear links painted

Painting the frame

Got the rear end painted

I grinded the welds down I did, and filled them with body filler so it'd look cleaner

The frame put back together minus the rear bars.

Time to shave

Time to shave

Time to shave
Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Tue May 17, 2011 12:46 pm

Another update on the truck

url=https://servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=44&u=15378469][/url]

The bad install before it was done 100%

The lift that 5 link gets is sick higher than stock in the back

Got it on the trailer finally, to take to its first show since the bag job.

Now just have to finish the interior, get the firewall finished, and the shaving done. Going to show it just bagged for a bit then do the body drop and engine swap later.
Back to top Go down
s10chickon22s

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Just some more pics of the truck

The frame back together with the rear bars installed

Laid out

Front valance no longer MIA lol

Up in the air, this is close to full lift, but not quite
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project "OVERKILL"   

Back to top Go down